We are nearing the end of January so a few more tips to keep you going. Stay positive and focused and don’t forget to enjoy life. Have a look at the cartoon. I am sure that you have all had a moment like that! Enjoy …
- Smile while you dial. The other person will hear the smile in your voice.
- Introduce yourself slowly at the beginning of a call. The receiver needs to register who you are before you can give them more information.
- Never shout at an operator, especially if they need to help you because your file will go to the bottom of the pile.
- Spell information slowly and use examples e.g. N for November.
- Always thank the other person at the end of a call e.g. “Thank you for your help” or “Thank you for phoning”.